The holiday season is all about spending time with those closest to you and this year, we want to help a family do just that. Even though you will typically find our tables in restaurants, this holiday season we will give away a handcrafted dining room table to a deserving family.
For many families, the holidays can be a difficult time as they struggle to provide for those they love. Our hope is that this table will ease some of this stress and give a family a place to gather together and grow closer each day. Submit your nomination today and help us bring a bit of joy to a family’s household this holiday season!
About the Giveaway
Giving back is something that is very important to the Timeworn family and what better time to give back than during the holidays? This will be our first year doing this giveaway and we couldn’t be more excited to bring a little bit of joy into a family’s home.
Any family or individual living in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin, or Iowa can be nominated for this giveaway.
Nominations will be accepted from October 17th – November 30th.
The family chosen to receive the table will be announced in the first week of December.
Timeworn founders Jared and Amanda will personally deliver the table during the week of December 12th, just in time for holiday meals!
The table will be delivered fully assembled. Before delivery, it will need to be verified that the table will fit through doors, hallways, etc. We ask that the recipient have people available on delivery day to help move the table into place.
Help us spread the word about our giveaway! Tell your friends and family, share on social media, send up smoke signals, everything helps. We want this table to go to a great family and we need your help to find them!
Nominate a Family to Receive this Table
Please share some basic info about the family you’d like to nominate then tell us their story and why you’re nominating them.
About the Table
This table was handcrafted in the Timeworn shop using reclaimed oak lumber for the 2016 National Restaurant Association Show. The table was on display throughout the show at Timeworn’s booth and was one of our most complimented products. While it will be hard to say goodbye to this table, we look forward to the joy it will bring its next family!
Size: 32”x96” Will seat 6-8 individuals depending on chair size.
- Crafted with all reclaimed lumber
- Rustic patina oak
- 75” thick
- Mix of 1.5” to 2” wide staves
- Industrial steel, I-beam legs and stretcher
- Powder coated smooth, matte black
- Steel gusset with square headed bolts
- Rustic oak queen posts (angled parts of the wood base) and trestle
The Importance of Eating Meals as a Family
Eating meals together is a vital part of building healthy relationships and we hope giving away this table will allow a family to do just that. Studies have consistently shown the many benefits of sitting down for dinner as a family. From performing better in school to helping save money, there are many advantages to sitting down for dinner together each night.
Below are just a few reasons why families should commit to having meals together:
- Better Grades in School: Teens who regularly have family dinners are 40% more likely to receive As and Bs.
- Healthier Eating Habits: Family eating has shown to decrease obesity and increase healthy habits in teens and young adults.
- Savings on Meals: On average, meals prepared at home cost 50% less than eating out.
- Greater Happiness: Teens that eat with their parents tend to be stronger emotionally and have better mental health. Parents were also found to be happier and less stressed.